- A journal article is scheduled for publication with Leonardo Music Journal and MIT Press in 2020. It is about music gesture, anthropology and my recent developments in video scoring technology and methodology.
- Portelli, D. (2016) Mapping the dynamic life of lines in a multimodal compositional practice. Doctoral thesis, University of Huddersfield.
- Portelli, D. (2015) Mapping Australia (D. Pocknee, B. Flanagan, & B. Sherouse, Eds.). Retrieved January 14, 2016, from http://cerenem.ricercata.org/articles/mapping_australia/page01.html
- Portelli, D. (2012) Breath through water : personal cross-cultural and multimedia processes flowing towards Dao in composition. School of Humanities and Communication Arts. Dissertation (M.A.(Hons.))–University of Western Sydney.
Portelli, D. (2013) Between Film, Music and Natural Phenomena: My Expansive Journey Towards Cultural Complexity in Dao Inspired Composition. Interventions & Intersections: Postgraduate Conference.
- Portelli, D. (2012) Daoistic Flow of Video and Sound Collaboration As Cross-Cultural Dialogue. 19th Biennial Conference of the Asian Studies Association – Knowing Asia: Asian Studies in an Asian Century.